Our London Spice Quay has been transformed into a magical alpine escape for the festive season! We held a celebratory event with stylist, Angela (@Italian_Eye_), and a few other special guests; enjoying cocktails outside in our festive forest pop up, (with extra cosy snug swing chairs to sip from), and an Italian family-style meal featuring London’s largest fondue and a forest of our Golden Marshmallow Cones for dessert.
Whilst we were together, Angela let us in on a few secrets that’ll help make any Christmas table look amazing both in real life and on the ‘gram! The great thing is that most of ideas below don’t take long to set up and won’t break the bank either.
- For a beautiful and festive centrepiece use seasonal foliage and berries along the centre of the table, cut up and woven into each other
- Add lots of small fairy lights to the foliage. The little battery operated ones on a copper wire work best.
- Use a mixture of dinner candles (the tall ones) and tealights to create a cosy atmosphere. We love gold candle holders, but you can also create a lovely effect using old bottles for the dinner candles.
- Pay attention to detail. A quick and easy addition to each place setting is to create a mini wreath from rosemary, tied in ribbon or twine of your choice.
- Hand write place cards – have a practice first to get your writing as neat as possible.
- Add something fun for people to pick up before they begin eating. We’ve got some selfie props which act as a great ice-breaker for groups as they’re awaiting food.
- If you want to go all out on the decorations, you can create a beautiful pillar candle centrepiece by attaching festive foliage using ribbon. It’s a lovely activity for you to do with friends, then gives them something to take home too!
- Long table cloths which hide table legs (white in photos looks great)
- Use velvet or glittery ribbons around napkins or if you have them, menus
- Set the table with wine glasses all ready, they look beautiful in photos
- Get everything set up early, so you can relax and have fun!
Like the sound of our event? The space, and giant Festive Cheese Fondue is now bookable, so if you’re looking for an extra special space for your festive get together pop an email to our team – email@example.com