Makes 500 g
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: none
- 50 g toasted pine nuts
- 100 g (a large bunch) basil leaves, stalks removed
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with a little sea salt
- 60 ml (4 tablespoons) water
- 150 ml Le Ferre extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Place the pine nuts, basil, Parmesan, garlic and water in the bowl of a blender or food processor.
- Process for 45 seconds.
- Pour in the olive oil and whizz again for 20 seconds.
- Scrape the pesto into a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with cling film and store in the refrigerator until needed. It will keep in the fridge for a few days. Pesto also freezes well, and will last for a month. Make a pouch with kitchen foil, spoon the pesto into it and close before freezing.