Our Pistachio and Olive Oil Cake recipe is a firm favourite, so the next time you fancy a sweet treat at home why not get baking? The recipe is surprisingly simple to make and is the perfect afternoon snack with a cuppa. We use our own Le Ferre Olive Oil, and you can get your free* bottle via ASK Perks throughout April and May when you dine in.
Serve: up to 10
Prep time: 30min
Cook time: 50min
50g finely ground polenta
200g shelled pistachio nuts chopped
50g plain flour
1tsps. baking powder
100ml ASK Italian Extra Virgin olive oil
200g castor sugar
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC / 140ºC Fan / Gas 3, grease and line an 8” baking tin.
- Pop the pistachios into your food processor and blend to a fine powder.
- Melt the butter and add it to the olive oil.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar with an electric whisk until they’re light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the butter/oil mixture onto the whisked egg a little at a time. Whisk on a low speed a little at a time until it’s a thick emulsion.
- Sift the flour, and then whisk the dry ingredients (polenta, plain flour, baking powder and pistachios) into the egg/ oil mixture.
- Add the juice and zest and fold into the mixture.
- Add the mixture to your baking tin and bake at 160ºC / 140ºC Fan / Gas 3 for 40 minutes. When you take the cake out of the oven, it’ll look slightly underdone in the middle. Don’t worry, the cooling process will finish it off.
- Let it rest in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out on a cake rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve freshly baked.
*This offer entitles ASK Perks customers to one free full sized bottle of Le Ferre Olive Oil when purchasing a main. Offer valid every day at all open ASK Italian restaurants. Valid until 31st May 2021. Offer not valid on takeaway or Click & Collect. Offer valid while stocks last. Offer cannot be used with any other offer or voucher and has no monetary value. All codes will be checked against a live database and any incorrect or previously used codes cannot be accepted.